It begins with the power of one.
When we take the time to reach out, teach others, or empower someone to follow their dreams; we expose the true potential that resides in people of all abilities. Through numerous opportunities in the Prince William area, one individual can help a child learn to read, improve our environment, collect food for area food banks or provide companionship to an elder citizen. These individual efforts, over time, are what make a difference in the world. It begins with the power of one.
Building a stronger community by connecting volunteers with opportunities to serve.
Our core volunteer programs are:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Emergency Management Services (EMS)
- Court-ordered Alternative Community Service Program for adults and juveniles
- Un-Trim-A-Tree & Senior Basket Holiday Gift Program
People helping people since 1981.
Volunteer Prince William partners with community agencies to mobilize volunteers and resources to provide solutions for critical issues in our community. Through our programs we:
- Promote volunteer management best practices through training and consulting services.
- Sponsor the Volunteer Coordinators network – a working group open to all volunteer managers which promotes professionalism and networking opportunities for all members.
- Host the Annual Community-wide Volunteer Recognition Ceremony.
- Convey the volunteer needs of our partners through the weekly Call to Action newspaper column reaching 25,000 households.
- Provide outreach to registered volunteers each week through social media outlets.
- Facilitate connections with organizations, businesses and clubs to meet community needs.
Volunteer Prince William is an affiliate member of the Points of Light Institute & Hands On Network, whose mission is to inspire, mobilize and equip people to take action that can change the world.